Thursday, December 02, 2010

Christmas Advent Idea for Kids

I love love this new idea I found: Children's Book Advent Calendar. 

Because Advent has already arrived, I will wait and do this next year.  And while I plan to use the library at first for my Advent calendar, I think I will begin building a Christmas book library of sorts to use every year.  How fun would it be to pull out the same books each year and read them throughout the month?

http://www.sarahjanestudios.com/blog/2010/11/30/childrens-book-advent-calendar/

Here is my list of books so far with a star by the ones we already own (I'd love suggestions for preschool books!):
1.) Twas The Night Before Christmas*
2.) Christmas In A Manger Board Book*
3.) Room for a Little One: A Christian Tale Book
4.) Whose is coming to our House? Board Book
5.) The Polar Express
6.) How The Grinch Stole Christmas
7.) Frosty The Snowman
8.) The Twelve Days of Christmas (by Jan Brett)

1 comment:

  1. We do this in our house because I LOVE Christmas/Winter books - some other suggestions:
    Night Tree (This is one of my very favorite Children's books - my daughter is 3.5 and loved it this year)
    Christmas in the Barn - Margaret Wise Brown
    The Mitten (not really a Christmas book but I love Jan Brett's illustrations)
    Mr. Williby's Christmas Tree
    Christmas Trolls (Jan Brett)
    Winter - Gerda Muller (wordless board book)
    Winter Lullaby
    All for the Newborn Baby

    ReplyDelete