Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nursery Rhymes

I have started working with Little Bear on learning nursery rhymes. I've found some of my favorites to read and hope that he'll begin to have an ifinity of his own for them.

I really like what this website (http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/dreamhouse/nursery/reading.html) has to say about how to help your toddler best enjoying nursery rhymes:
  1. If it mentions a body part, touch it, shake it, wiggle it, tickle it, ...
  2. If you see a picture of the word you are saying, point it out.
  3. If there is an action mentioned, mimic it.
  4. Sing whenever possible.
Here's a great online collection of nursery rhymes. I like it when I'm trying to find a new one to teach Little Bear. Here are my favorites so far:

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater
All Around the Mulberry Bush
Baa, Baa Black Sheep
Diddle, Diddle Dumpling
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Georgie Porgie
Hey Diddle Diddle
Hickory Dickory Dock
Humpty Dumpty
It's Raining, It's Pouring
Jack and Jill
Jack Be Nimble
Jack Sprat
Little Bo Peep
Little Boy Blue
Little Jack Horner
Little Miss Muffett
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
Pat-A-Cake, Pat-A-Cake
Rub-A-Dub-Dub
Three Blind Mice
Three Little Kittens
Twinkle Twinklem Little Star
Wee Willie Winkie
Where is Thumbkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment