Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Toddler Board Book Review: Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt


Here's a oldie but a goodie. I love the book pat the bunny. I read this book when I was a child (I loved it) and was thrilled to be given the book by a friend when Little Bear was born. In fact, this book has been around for 60 years! (Click here to read more about the history of the Pat the Bunny book.)

While it doesn't seem so unique now, the book's creative interactive elements were once cutting edge. Now, they are sweet and nostagic: "Can you put your finger through Mummy's ring?"
I love watching Little Bear interact with the book and follow the commands. It's amazing how much kids pick up from reading books (even when you least expect it).

This is a great book to enjoy as well to give to a new baby. I imagine pat the bunny will be around for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment