Thursday, December 25, 2008

So Sexy So Soon


For Christmas, my in-laws gave me a book I have been wanting to read for some time now. It's called, "So Sexy So Soon: The New Sexualized Childhood and What Parents Can Do To Protect Their Kids."

I highly recommend this book. It's written by two very smart and insightful people. Diane Levin works over there at Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood. And Jean Kilbourne, someone whom I have personally met, is a very popular speaker and author on the way the media portrays women.

They do an excellent job describing the problem and suggesting solutions in this book. Every parent should read it.

I will say that there are a few ideas I don't tend to agree with them on (having to do with homosexuality). However, overall, I am in full agreement with the issue that so eloquently outline - and like them, am very concerned about our children.

Quotes from the book will be posted here soon. Until then, see if you can read a snippet at Amazon. It's a good book and quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment