Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Is Near

I've finally allowed myself to enjoy the beginning of the Christmas season starting today. I *refused* to participate in the early holiday season just because advertisers and corporate businesses told me I should.

But, now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I'm ready to turn my attention towards Christmas. So, after my own version of "hanging of the greens", I pulled out some of my favorite Christmas CD's.

It's amazing how my heart has already softened today. Christmas is safe and worshipful. Christmas is the anticipation for redemption. Something everyday of my life should be about.

While fumbling in my closets for my old Christmas decorations, I found these candles. No two are the same.

Candles flicker as the lights are low. Soft radiance within the silence.
Christmas is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment