Thursday, December 02, 2010

My Teacher


While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. ~Angela Schwindt

Today, I couldn't get a break. I finally had a few hours, after having several work meetings outside of home, to sit down and get some work done. I needed
to focus. I needed to type and I had to be in my home office on my computer.

Whine, whine. Do you want some Cheerios? Thrown to the floor.
Whine, whine. Do you need to play with a toy in another room? Play for a moment. Return.
Whine, whine. Do you want to play with the toy in here? Play for another moment. Return.
Whine, whine. Do you want in my lap? Peace.

Finally, I got it: Play with me, mom.

Ah, maybe I don't need to get work done. Maybe the work I need to do is get on the floor with a 13 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment