Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Am I Granola Enough?


Sometimes, when I speak to others about my passion for protecting childhood, I find myself amongst a group of people I connect to but don't exactly fit in with.

For example, I'm seriously considering homeschooling my children one day. And I would love to cut out all branding from their life. If I could, I would love to move my family out to the secluded country and throw the TV out the window.

But I often look at myself and say, "are you serious?"

I had wanted to use cloth diapers with Little Bear but couldn't even imagine having to do that much washing! I hate to cook and can't sew a lick. I also love to shop and buy new things. And eating out at a restaurant is my very favorite thing to do!

Is there a such thing as a partially granola hippy chick modern mom?

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post? lol - Mama Bear, are you sure we're not twins? Soul sisters at least!

    ReplyDelete